The QUASAR™ MLC Beam Geometry Phantom is designed to address the complex non-dosimetric, beam geometry and beam imaging features of treatment planning systems.
IMRT and other conformal therapies have led to increased demands on physicists responsible for commissioning and maintaining radiotherapy equipment. AAPM Task Group reports, including TG 66(1), TG 53(2), and TG 51(3), make clear recommendations regarding the importance of both dosimetric and non-dosimetric testing. The QUASAR™ MLC Beam Geometry Phantom is a useful tool in machine commissioning, system characterization, and routine QA protocols.
- Physical simulation of beam with MLC leaf locations
- Simulates couch and gantry rotations
- Enables end-to-end testing of beam integrity
- Used for commissioning and testing upgrades and repairs
- Compatible with multiple vendors