Ultra-high resolution imaging and Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA).
The entire system, consisting of the self-contained x-ray unit and workstation, can be located on a lab bench or directly in the vivarium to protect the integrity of the colony.
The 10 x 15cm CMOS detector coupled with the energy range from 10 - 100kV makes the UltraFocus ideal for imaging a broad range of samples as well as true DXA analysis. The microfocus tube and up to 6X geometric magnification provide up to 8μm resolution images.
In DXA mode the system automatically calculates BMD, BMC, and lean and fat mass percentages. Both whole body and region of interest (ROI) data is presented.
- No additional X-ray shielding required
- No specialized X-ray knowledge needed to operate
- Plugs into any standard A/C outlet
- Stainless steel inner chamber designed for easy cleaning
- Transparent window for monitoring animal during in vivo imaging and DXA analysis
- Magnification shelf with field of view guides and automatic position detection provides for up to 6X geometric magnification with accurate measurements at any level
- Single click calibration with auto object detect allows for simple, error-free calibration
- One button operation with Automatic Exposure Control (AEC) optimized for a variety of samples (manual exposure settings also available)
- Easily switch between high resolution imaging and DXA mode
- Select from bone, lean, and fat tissue maps for detailed ROI DXA analysis
- Images instantaneously displayed on 22” high resolution 2.3 MP monitor (included)
- Remote diagnostic and support over the Web
|Energy range||10 - 100 kV|
|Sample imaging area||10cm x 15cm|
|Spatial resolution||8µm at 6X geometric magnification|
|Tube current||0.3mA max (isowatt limited to 12 W from 41-60kV)|
|Focal spot size, nominal||8µm|
|Window filtration||0.25mm Be, tungsten source|
|Typical DXA analysis time||Less than 3 minutes|
|Power||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 150VA|
|Dimensions, external||90cm H x 59cm W x 54cm D|
|Dimensions, internal||56cm H x 39cm W x 39cm D|