Thin, lightweight and easy to use, the Pro-Tec II is designed to reduce hand exposure for clinicians during preparation and administration of radiopharmaceuticals.
The barrel of the shield is constructed of 2 mm thick tungsten that will reduce radiation exposure from Tc-99m by more than 99% attenuation for Tc-99 tested with TLD chips. A 5.05 density lead glass window provides protection and visibility. A white reflective surface on the shield interior improves viewing of the syringe's markings and fluid content. A bevel around the lead glass helps protect it from scratching or breaking.
A thumbscrew holds syringes firmly in place. Pro-Tec® II Syringe Shields accommodate the standard sized 3 cc and 5 cc syringes.
- 2 mm thick Tungsten shielding
- 5.05 density lead glass window
- Fits most disposable syringes
- Unobstructed visibility to tip of syringe
- Replacing scratched or broken glass is simple – no gluing required
- Easily sanitized with alcohol wipes