The Atomlab® Wipe Test Counter is easy to use, easy to understand, fast and dependable. A color touch-screen display utilizing intuitive software eliminates the tedium of wipe testing. Simply perform a daily calibration and background count, then count the wipe for each predetermined location. Trigger levels can be set for any isotope at any location including 200 dpm for iodine. In seconds the system will determine if the location is above or below the user defined trigger level.
When performing a wipe test, the full spectrum is displayed. A wide window that includes the isotope energies expected in a particular department is set by the user. The efficiencies of the isotopes selected for the window can be either factory defaults or user determined using an integrated detector efficiency program. Individual isotope ROIs along with the wide window can be set. This feature helps identify the isotope(s) causing contamination.
The user may define an unlimited number of “Area” names and wipe “Locations” and designate them as restricted area, unrestricted area, sealed source or package. The Wipe Test Program automatically calculates net contamination levels and reports results in dpm, uCi and Bq.
The system consists of a lead shielded 2" x 2" sodium iodide (NaI) well detector and a 64 channel multi-channel analyzer. The displayed energy range (spectrum) is 0-800 KeV, which is typically found in nuclear medicine departments.
The wipe counter is designed to meet or exceed all NRC (10 CFR 35.70, 10 CFR 20.1906 and 10 CFR 35.2067) and state wipe test requirements. There are automated programs for the quality assurance functions: calibration, FWHM, chi-square and minimum detectable activity (MDA).
Wipe test results and QA test data can be stored in memory and printed at any time.
Manual MCA Program
For performing sample counts and analysis beyond the scope of the standardized programs.
Expandable library of 33 commonly used isotopes
Unlimited user-defined isotopes
Two counting methods: preset time and preset ROI
In addition to providing “standardized” programs for routine test and survey procedures, the Atomlab 500 now offers a “manual” program to accommodate other counting and spectrum analysis tasks. The user can select from three counting methods: preset time, preset ROI counts, and continuous counting. After any count, the Spectrum Analysis option can be used to produce a Spectrum Analysis Report. The monitor shows when a test is in progress, and graphically displays the spectrum, time, counts and cpm.
Eliminate the tedium of wipe testing with the Atomlab™ Wipe Test Counter
- Windows® 10 Operating System
- Microsoft SQL Database
- Communicates with most commercially available NM management systems.
- USB connectivity for external monitor, printer, and software upgrades
- 64 Channel MCA
- NEW Manual MCA Program
- Adjustable wide window and individual isotopes
- 2x2 NaI drilled-well detector
- Remote shielded well
- Energy spectrums with individual ROI
- Ability to help identify isotopes causing contamination
- User-specific wipe locations and trigger levels
- Wipes that exceed trigger levels are immediately recognized
- Detailed wipe reports including cpm and dpm
- Wipe testing results stored
- Upgradable at any time to a dose calibrator by adding an ionization chamber
- Report Printer available
- Two-year warranty
Standard Apps for Atomlab Wipe Test Counter include:
Automated Quality Assurance Apps
- Full Width at Half Max (FWHM)
- Chi Square
- Minimum Detectable Activity (MDA)
- NEW Manual MCA Program
- All-In-One Flat Panel Display: 12.2" Touchscreen, Windows 10 Operating System and USB connectivity.
- Dimensions: 11.8” w x 8.1” d x .4” h (30 x 21 x 1 cm)
- Line Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, auto selectable by the power supply
- Line Frequency: 50/60 Hz, detachable line cord, built-in EMI filter and transient suppression
- Auxiliary Ports: Two USB ports, one RS-232 port
- Memory: Stores wipe, calibration, background, high voltage, isotope specification, isotope efficiency, Chi-Square testing results, technologist list, wipe locations list and latest MDA calculation. Results can be displayed and printed.
- Preset Radionuclides: 33 including Tc-99m, Co-57, Cs-137, Ga-67, Tl-201, I-123, I-125, I-131, In-111, F-18
- Dimensions: 6" d x 10.5" h (15.24 x 26.6 cm)
- Weight: 29 lb (13.2 kg)
- Detector: 2" x 2" NaI (Tl) integral line scintillation detector with a 0.75" dia x 1.44 " depth well (1.9 x 3.7 cm)
- Style: Remote Detector
- Channels: 64
- MCA: Integral to Well Counter
- Spectral Resolution: FWHM 10%
- Count Rate: (Maximum) 30,000 cps
- Lead Shielding: 0.5" (1.2 cm) integral lead shield
- Certification: ETL listed to UL 60601-1 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 601.1-M90, IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1-4 and IEC 60601-1-2 and CE marked
- Warranty: Two years parts